Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Loc Treatment Feb. 2011

It's been a while since I put a deep conditioner in my locs...the time has come :)

I shampooed my locs with VO5 Kiwi Clarifying Shampoo and then did a quick ACV rinse (1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar 1/2 cup of water then rinsed out with just water).

Before starting the shampooing process I mixed my mother's favorite (wella) deep conditioner:
Cholesterol, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Mayo, 1 egg, cinnamon oil (this concoction has kept my hair strong and healthy since I was little, I don't know if it'll work for everyone...I'm just posting what works for my texture which is thick, dry and curly)
I started at my scalp and worked my way down to the tips. Then I put a plastic shower cap over my locs and tied a scarf on top of it. I tend to leave my conditioners on for quite some time, usually on the days that I clean the house, I put a deep conditioner in my hair and let it work while I'm working around the house. Since I'm not using a hairdryer or blow dryer for heat, the heat from the plastic and physical activity gives it just as much heat.  If you're trying this at home, you can leave it in your hair for anywhere between 30mins - 6hrs or so depending on your time schedule.
Rinse thoroughly and style as usual :)
Pics coming soon...stay tuned!

As promised here are some pics after I interlocked my new growth



1 comment:

  1. i really like how your locs look when they're straight. curls look nice too but straight locs really show of the two tone colours in an understated way

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails