Sunday, November 2, 2014

November 2014 loc treatment

*DISCLAIMER: What may work for me, may not work for you. I'm just documenting my own journey*

This month I decided not to interlock my new growth to give my loc a a rest until the Christmas/New Year's season.

I bought some Carol's Daughter products that I've used in the past that has worked for my hair texture.

So I purchased the Black Vanilla trio...sulfate free shampoo, hair smoothie, and leave conditioner. I washed my hair with the shampoo twice which left my locs feeling super soft. Afterwards, I applied the hair smoothie and put a plastic shower cap over my locs and wrapped it all up in a scarf for a few hours. I don't like applying heat to my hair unless it is absolutely necessary.  After rinsing out the hair smoothie, I then started smoothing some Mimosa Hair honey from my scalp to the ends of my locs as I gently retwisted the new growth. 

One thing I can say, I've been using Carol's Daughter products since she opened in 1993 selling her items in mason jars and the quality is the same now as it was back then. Absolutely amazing! All of the items I used softened my hair texture so it doesn't feel dry and crunchy. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails