Monday, September 22, 2014

Aug-Sept 2014 Loc treatment and maintenance

Hello all!!! I know it's been a while but I've been so busy lately that I really haven't had time to post. So here we go! (disclaimer: what may work for me, may not work for you)

I started with the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap 18-n-1 Hemp Lavender Pure-Castile Soap as a shampoo which makes my locs feel soft and juicy. 



Then I applied Dr. Miracle's Super Deep Conditioner (2 packets because my locs are long), put a plastic cap on then wrapped in a head scarf to sit under the dryer for 30 mins....


I love to feel the tingle of this conditioner. Once it stops tingling, then that's my que to rinse it out. 
Once I rinsed out my conditioner...the task of interlocking my new growth.........

If you do not have the skill and patience to interlock your own locs, please get it done by a professional. You can seriously damage your locs if you don't really know what you're doing. 

After I interlocked my locs, I just left my hair loose because my scalp was a little tender from the maintenance. It wasn't really tight but since I don't manipulate my scalp with styles as much as I used to, any time I maintain my new growth, my scalp feels tender. 

As a moisturizer I used Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Coconut Curling Cream. I know you're probably asking...why I'm using a curling cream if I don't have loose hair...to be honest....I love the smell of it and it leaves my locs really soft. 




 And for the end results....



Peace and Blessings!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails