Monday, January 21, 2013

Shea Butter January hair treatment

Happy New Year everyone!! 2013 

Disclaimer: What may work for me...may not work for everyone. This is just my personal journey of hair treatments. 

I shampooed my locs with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo 


I love how soft my locs feels after shampooing. My locs always feel juicy (juicy is always good LOL)



I decided to try out the Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioning repair cream this time and I'm happy to say that I love how it makes my locs feel. This is a product that will definitely be in my treatments this year.


I also found a tub of shea butter that wasn't just small globs of shea butter in them. They actually melted it down and filled the entire tub. I've always enjoyed using shea butter for my body as a lotion (due to dry skin during the winter) and now I know that I can use this for my locs as well...it's going to be a wonderful year :) 

So since it's the first month of the year, I decided to interlock my new growth. LONGEST PROCESS EVER!!! If you don't have the patience....please do not try this on your own. Have a loctician interlock your new growth for you.

I mixed the shea butter leave in conditioner with the shea butter and interlocked my new growth. 

As you can tell from the top of the picture, I had a lot of new growth that needed some lovin' :) After a lot of patience and taking breaks to let my elbows get the feeling back in them...this is the final product...
TAAAAA-DAAAAAA!!! ALL DONE!!
So now I don't have to worry about maintaining my new growth for the next 6-8 weeks. I'm glad I decided to interlock, it may take a long time to do it but all in all it's so worth it. Once my scalp feels like being manipulated, I'll start posting pics of different styles that I decide to try. New year, new styles! Stay tuned!!

Peace and Blessings!!






1 comment:

  1. Great job on the touch-up. That treatment sounds delicious. I'm afraid of using thick, heavy products for fear of build-up but it doesn't look like you have any problems with that.

    Do you clarify often?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails